Chardonnay

Alto Adige - Südtirol Doc

First introduced into South Tyrol circa mid-1800’s, Chardonnay is a white grape variety which flourishes in the sub-Mediterranean climate of the Bassa Tesina zone. While traditionally used in Trentino – South Tyrol for the production of sparkling wines, in some vineyards in the Municipality of Salorno the grapes attain the right level of ripeness for the production of still wines. Of a deep straw-yellow colour, with a refined and characteristic aroma, this wine has a distinctive taste, with a light and pleasant note of bitter almond in the finish.

Vine Chardonnay

Vineyard location Municipality of Salorno (BZ)

Exposure and altitude West, South-West; 220 m ASL

Soil composition Silty, silty-sandy, originating from recent alluvial deposits

Training system Guyot; simple Trentino pergola

Planting density 5.000 vines/hectare

Vinification process

Manual harvesting in mid September; soft pressing; static decantation of the must; fermentation at controlled temperature in fibre-glass reinforced tanks; ageing on the lees for about 5/6 months in concrete tanks for 85% of the process and in third and fourth passage French oak for the remaining 15%.