Pinot Grigio

Alto Adige - Südtirol Doc

The Pinot Grigio grape variety is cultivated in Salorno, at an altitude of 220 m ASL, along the river Adige. The alluvial soils gradually change from silty-sandy type to silty as you climb from the banks of the river Adige towards the mountain. Of a straw-yellow colour, the aroma has intense and clearly definable flavours of pear and Golden Delicious apple, jasmine and lily of the valley. On the palate, it is soft and markedly sapid.

Vine Pinot Grigio

Vineyard location Municipality of Salorno (BZ)

Exposure and altitude West, South-West; 220 m ASL

Soil composition Silty, silty-sandy, originating from recent alluvial deposits

Training system Guyot; simple Trentino pergola

Planting density 5,000 vines/hectare

Vinification process

Manual harvesting in late September; soft pressing; static decantation of the must; fermentation at controlled temperature in fibre-glass reinforced tanks; ageing on the lees for about 5/6 months in concrete tanks for 90% of the process and in third and fourth passage barriques for the remaining 10%.